Monday, May 28, 2012

13 “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it. Matthew 7v13-14 On Sun 27th May, at South City Church's main meeting, we were part of a baton change in leadership where we were 'commissioned' for a new pioneering work in Mid-Ulster (from Sept 2012)for the Kingdom of God, and the new leadership of scc was affirmed and commissioned. As such I passed the 'baton of captaincy' on to David Williamson. It was a wonderful time of impartation and recognition of new things God is doing! As part of the morning I left a final charge in leadership of the church. I preached on the 'Narrow path' Christ taught on. More than that I believe Christ died and rose again to bring us onto this path! The other path is broad, seductive but in the end Christ taught - leads to destruction. I link you here to the website if you would like to either listen to or download this message: 'Walking the Narrow path' The principle characters in this story are....you and I, a guy who read tea leaves (or something similar), a donkey, an angel, an accuser, and God Himself! Enjoy and do contact me if you would like to get to know Jesus Christ personally, beyond 'religion' and to walk His narrow path.... JS

No comments: