Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Addicted to progress?

"The only thing embedded in my mindset is how im addicted to progress - The Coronas."
Most of us are addicted to progress. We eat, sleep and dream of progress on various fronts. For some of us its a drug, for others temporary relief from a paralysing sense of failure, for others the sense of climbing a ladder towards what we assume is 'success' The point of this short blog is not to offer a vote for motivationless aimless living! I just want to leave you with a question, a thought. What if God's idea of 'progress' in your life and in my life looks radically different from the 'progress' that we crave?
What if the attitude we deal with in a situation is actually more important than the outcome that we are willing to 'step on' others for? What if the goals we have set ourselves for are not the ultimate goals that God has set for us? What if God is happy to turn my world upside down so that I can actually begin to 'see straight'? What if He will allow me even 'to hit the wall' in my addiction to progress....so that I can discover something better...finding God Himself as my 'progress'

No comments: